Terms & Conditions
Web Site Conditions of Use
Agreement Deemed by Use
- Use of this Website ("site") deems your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of use ("terms and conditions") listed below.
Use of Materials, Graphics, and Text from this Site
- This site is owned and operated by Petro Industrial ("PI"). Unless otherwise specified, the materials in this site are presented for the purposes of promoting PI products and providing sales information about PI to suppliers and the general public. Images are for display purposes only and provide an indicative representation of the product advertised. In no way is PI liable for the accuracy nor representation of the image displayed to the final product.
- No material from PI on this site or any website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by PI may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way save for the following exception.
- Exception: You may download one copy of this site document on any single computer for your personal non commercial use, and may print hard copies for non-commercial use, provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of PI copyright and other proprietary rights.
- Use of any material in this site on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited.
- All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to PI.
- All other rights are reserved by PI as the copyright owner.
Flow Rates / Capacities
- Flow rates and capacities quoted are to be used as a guide only. This sales information is gleaned from manufacturer’s technical data and usually represents "best case" performance. It would be prudent of you to base your sizing calculations on 75% of the stated flow rate / capacities quoted. PI will in no way be liable for flow rates and capacities in end use applications
Links to Other Sites (if applicable)
- Material in this site may contain links to external Internet websites. PI does not sponsor, endorse, adopt, confirm, guarantee or approve of any material or representations made in those websites.
- PI makes no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on other websites to which material on this site is linked.
- PI does not warrant that material on linked sites is free of any computer virus or any other defects or errors, infringements of intellectual property rights, nor does it authorise any such infringement by reason of the linking of this site to material on other websites.
- It is your responsibility to decide if you will accept the accuracy, currency and reliability of sales information found either on this site or in external Internet websites which are linked to this site's pages and you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Any technical data such as speed or feeds obtained from external websites is the recommendation of the proprietor of that site. PI makes no warranties that this sales information is correct, it is provided as guide only not by PI but by the third party site. PI takes no responsibility for damage to tooling or jobs where the damage incurred resulted from salesrmation from a third party site.
Linking to this Site
- Links to this site are permitted, provided the full html page is loaded and is not more than one layer from the index.html page.
- Links to individual graphics or to areas that are considered "security areas" that bypass any security protection or password protect that PI establishes are expressly prohibited. If you wish to use a graphic to link to this site please link to our main pagehttps://www.petroindustrial.com.au
Products Promoted and Contract Development
- Prices, images and technical information listed on this site and terms and conditions of any kind relating to products displayed on this site may not be current or complete and therefore under no circumstances constitute an offer or undertaking by PI. PI reserves the right to vary or modify the sales information in the site without notice.
- PI makes no representation that the products listed in this site are currently available at any or all of its locations at any time at the prices listed on this site and it is your responsibility to verify product availability and pricing with PI at the address below. For full details of product sales infomration, product images, product price, and conditions contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The materials in this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
- The sales information in the site is altered periodically and changes in circumstances after sales information is placed in this site may affect the accuracy of the salesrmation. It is your responsibility to assess and verify the accuracy, currency, completeness and reliability of sales information in the site's pages.
- PI makes no warranties or representations express or implied regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material in this site or product referred to in this site.
- PI makes no warranties that this site is free of human or mechanical error, technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- PI makes no warranties or representation that the material in this site will not cause damage or that the material is free from any computer virus or any other defects or errors or omissions and refers to the Limitation of Liability section below.
Limitation of Liability
- You waive and release PI, its servants and agents to the fullest extent permitted by law from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of material or salesrmation made available through this site.
- PI, its servants or agents shall not, under any circumstances be liable for any injury, loss or damage arising out of or related to the use, or the inability to use, the materials in this site. This limitation of liability includes but is not limited to incidental, special or consequential damages, damages for loss of business or other profits.
- This site is controlled and operated by PI from its offices in Queensland, Australia and by use of this site you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland if a conflict arises from the use of this site. If you choose to access this site from other locations you are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent such local laws apply.
- If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter
- PI is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
- In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by PI:
- If you contact PI, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you establish or access an account or order product.
- When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list.
- When you place an order on our web-site to purchase goods we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details).
- Financial information that is collected via the web site or through the Trade is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
- In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or public health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. PI encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
- PI places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
- Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
- PI retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, PI cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once PI receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- PI is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web-site users.
- So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer at email: email@example.com
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
- If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
- We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
- Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
- PI collects information from the site using "IP files".
- When you visit the PI site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at https://www.privacy.gov.au.
- In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
- "Application" in relation to a Buyer means the Thirty Day Commercial Credit Account Application signed by the Buyer which refers to these terms and conditions.
- "Buyer" means the Person named in the relevant Sales Invoice or Quotation.
- "Exclusive Goods" means any goods which are, at the Buyer's request, embellished, embroidered, printed, machined, cut-to-size or specifically ordered for the Buyer.
- "GST" means the goods and services tax as imposed by the GST Law together with any related interest, penalties, fines or other charge.
- "GST Amount" means any Payment (or the relevant part of that Payment) multiplied by the appropriate rate of GST.
- "GST Law" has the meaning given to that term in A New Tax System (Goods and Services) Act 1999, or, if that Act does not exist for any reason, means any Act imposing or relating to the imposition or administration of a goods and services tax in Australia and any regulation made under that Act.
- "Payment" means any amount payable under or in connection with a Quotation or Sales Invoice including any amount payable by way of indemnity, reimbursement or otherwise (other than a GST Amount) and includes the provision of any non-monetary consideration.
- "Person" includes an individual, the estate of an individual, a body politic, a corporation, an association (incorporated or unincorporated) and a statutory or other authority.
- "Purchase Price" means the price for the goods set out in the relevant Quotation or Sales Invoice.
- "Quotation" means the form of quotation submitted by a Seller to the Buyer in which these terms and conditions are deemed to be incorporated.
- "Sales Invoice" means the sales invoice issued by a Seller to the Buyer in which these terms and conditions are or are deemed to be incorporated.
- "Seller" in relation to any Quotation or Sales Invoice means:
- except as set out in (2) below, PETRO Industrial ABN 25 141 299 587 or any of it’s subsidiaries.
- if in a Quotation or Sales Invoice a company referred to in (1) above is expressed to be acting as agent for a Person named in the Sales Invoice or Quotation then the Seller is that Person and the Buyer acknowledges that the Seller as named above acts only as the agent of that Person.
- "Tax Invoice" has the meaning given to that term by the GST Law.
- "Taxable Supply" has the meaning given to that term by the GST Law.
- Any special conditions specified on a Quotation or Sales Invoice shall, to the extent they are inconsistent with these terms and conditions, take precedence over these terms and conditions.
- Words importing the singular shall include the plural (and vice versa).
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is invalid and does not go to the essence of this agreement, these terms and conditions should be read as if that provision has been severed.
Governing Terms and Conditions
- These are the only terms and conditions which are binding upon a Seller with the exception of those otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller which is imposed by a statute and which cannot be excluded. Any direction by the Buyer either verbal or written to procure goods or services from the Seller will be deemed as acceptance by the Buyer of these terms and conditions, despite any provisions to the contrary in the direction or any purchase order issued by the Buyer.
Terms of Payment
- The standard payment terms from the Seller is deemed as 40% deposit due upon order placement, with the balance due prior to dispatch ex works of the Goods. It should be noted that production will not commence until remittance of the deposit payment.
Inspection and Acceptance
- The Buyer shall inspect all goods upon delivery and shall within 48 hours of delivery give notice to the Seller named in the relevant Sales Invoice or of any matter or thing by which the Buyer alleges that the goods are not in accordance with the Buyer's order. Failing such notice, subject to any non-excludable condition implied by law, such as those in the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth), the goods shall be deemed to have been delivered to and accepted by the Buyer.
- Returns will be accepted for faulty or defective goods or any other non-excludable obligations of the Seller set out in the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or similar State and Territory legislation.
- Returns other than those referred to in (a) above, must be approved by the Seller named in the relevant Sales Invoice. These authorised returns must be freight prepaid and will only be accepted if they are in a saleable condition. The Seller reserves the right to charge a handling fee equal to 15% of the price of the goods returned under this provision. Products specifically purchased, manufactured, machined or cut to size or to the Buyer's specification are not returnable unless they are of the kind referred to in (a) above.
- Unless previously withdrawn, a quotation is valid for 30 days or such other period as stated in it. A quotation is not to be construed as an obligation to sell but merely an invitation to treat and no contractual relationship shall arise from it until the Buyer's order has been accepted in writing by the Seller which provided the Quotation.
- No Seller shall be bound by any conditions attaching to the Buyer's order or acceptance of a Quotation and, unless such conditions are expressly accepted by the relevant Seller in writing, the Buyer acknowledges that such conditions are expressly negatived.
- Every Quotation is subject to and conditional upon obtaining any necessary import, export or other licence.
- The parties agree that:
- the Purchase Price is inclusive of GST;
- all other Payments have been calculated without regard to GST;
- each party will comply with its obligations under the Trade Practices Act 1974 when calculating the amount of any Payment and the amount of any relevant Payments will be adjusted accordingly;
- if the whole or any part of any Payment is the consideration for a Taxable Supply (other than for payment of the Purchase Price) for which the payee is liable to GST, the payer must pay to the payee an additional amount equal to the GST Amount, either concurrently with that Payment or as otherwise agreed in writing.
- any reference to a cost or expense in this Agreement excludes any amount in respect of GST forming part of the relevant cost or expense when incurred by the relevant party for which that party can claim an Input Tax Credit; and the payee will provide to the payer a Tax Invoice.
Passing of Property and Risk
- Goods supplied by a Seller to the Buyer shall be at the Buyer's risk immediately upon deliver to the Buyer, into the Buyer's custody or at the Buyer's direction (whichever happens first). The Buyer shall insure the goods from the time of that delivery at its cost against such risks as it thinks appropriate, shall note the interest of the Seller named in the relevant Sales Invoice on the insurance policy and shall produce a certificate to this effect to that Seller upon request.
- Property in the goods supplied by a Seller to the Buyer under these terms and conditions shall not pass to the Buyer until those goods and other goods have been paid for in full.
- Until the goods have been paid for in full:
- the Buyer shall store the goods in a manner which shows clearly that they are the property of the Seller which supplied them; and
- the Buyer may sell the goods, in the ordinary course of its business, as agent for the Seller and shall account to the Seller for the proceeds of sale (including any proceeds from insurance claims). These proceeds must be kept in a separate bank account.
- The Buyer irrevocably authorises each Seller at any time to enter onto any premises upon which:
- the Seller's goods are stored to enable the Seller to:– inspect the goods; and/or – if the Buyer has breached these terms and conditions, reclaim the goods;
- the Buyer's records pertaining to the goods are held to inspect and copy such records.
- The Buyer and each Seller agree that the provisions of this clause apply notwithstanding any arrangement under which that Seller grants credit to the Buyer.
- Each Seller reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the supply of goods to the Buyer without being obliged to give any reason for its action.
- Each Seller reserves the right to make part deliveries of any order, and each part delivery shall constitute a separate sale of goods upon these terms and conditions. A part delivery of an order shall not invalidate the balance of an order.
- A Seller's Quotation or Sale Invoice is made on a supply only basis. Installation and commissioning (if any) is at the expense of the Buyer unless otherwise specified in writing by the relevant Seller.
Dimensions, Performance Data and other Descriptive Details
- Photographs, drawings, illustrations, weights, dimensions and any other particulars accompanying, associated with or given in a Quotation, descriptive literature or a catalogue approximate the goods offered but may be subject to alteration without notice.
- Any performance data provided by a Seller or a manufacturer is an estimate only and should be construed accordingly.
- Unless agreed to the contrary in writing, each Seller reserves the right to supply an alternative brand or substitute product when necessary.
Shipment and Delivery
- Upon acceptance of an order by a Seller that Seller will seek confirmation of the period of shipment or delivery. If any variation has occurred in the quoted period, that Seller will notify the Buyer. Unless the Buyer objects in writing within 7 days of that notification to the Buyer, the period of shipment or delivery notified to the Buyer will be the contractual period for shipment or delivery.
- A delivery charge will apply to all deliveries with the exception of back order deliveries which are part of an original order that has been partly fulfilled.
- Where a Seller is acting as agent for a manufacturer or supplier, the Seller shall not be liable for any alteration or variation in the goods made by this manufacturer or the supplier.
- Where goods are imported into Australia, any adverse variation in the price arising from fluctuation in exchange rates between the date of the Buyer's order and the date of payment by the relevant Seller will be to the Buyer's account.
- Any charge, duty, impost, sales tax or other expenditure which is not applicable at the date of Quotation or Sales Invoice but which is subsequently levied upon a Seller in relation to a Quotation or Sales Invoice as a result of the introduction of any legislation, regulation or governmental policy, shall be to the Buyer's account.
Charges Beyond Point of Delivery Quoted
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, if a Seller prepays freight, insurance, custom and import duties (if any), landing and delivery charges and all other charges in connection with shipment and delivery of the goods, then any such charges shall be to the Buyer's account. Each Seller reserves the right to nominate the means of delivery.
- If the performance or observance of any obligations of any Seller is prevented, restricted or affected by reason of a force majeure event including strike, lock out, industrial dispute, raw material shortage, breakdown of plant, transport or equipment or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Seller, the Seller may, in its absolute discretion give prompt notice of that cause to the Buyer. On delivery of that notice the Seller is excused from such performance or observance to the extent of the relevant prevention, restriction or effect.
Default of Buyer
- If these terms and conditions are not strictly observed by the Buyer, the Seller may in its absolute discretion, refuse to supply to the Buyer and the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage the Buyer may sustain as a result of such refusal. The costs of collection of any moneys are due and payable by the Buyer, including the fees of any mercantile agent or lawyer engaged by the Seller.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Buyer shall have no right to cancel an order which has been accepted by a Seller. If a right of cancellation is expressly reserved to the Buyer, such right of cancellation must be exercised by notice in writing from the Buyer to the Seller with which the order has been placed not later than 7 days prior to the estimated date of shipment by the manufacturer or that Seller as the case may be. Unless otherwise agreed between the Buyer and Seller, upon cancellation prior to shipment any deposit paid by the Buyer shall be forfeited to the manufacturer or Seller (as the case may be). Despite the cancellation of any order for any reason, the Buyer must still purchase from the Seller any goods ordered by the Buyer which constitute Exclusive Goods (whether in store, in transit or being manufactured) which were procured or ordered by the Seller before such cancellation, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller.
- The Seller makes no express warranties under this Agreement except that to the extent that the goods supplied are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, the Seller will pass on to the Buyer the benefit of the manufacturer's warranty.
- Upon discovery of any defect in the goods supplied by a Seller the Buyer shall immediately notify that Seller in writing. The Buyer shall not carry out any remedial work to allegedly defective goods without first obtaining the written consent of that Seller to do so.
- The Seller does not exclude or limit application of any provision of any statute (including the Trade Practices Act (Cth)) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of this clause to be void.
- The Seller excludes all conditions, warranties and terms, whether expressed or implied by law or otherwise in respect of the goods which may apart from this clause be binding upon the Seller, except any implied conditions and warranties the exclusion of which would contravene any statute or cause this clause to be void.
- To the extent permitted by statute, the liability, if any, of the Seller arising from the breach of any implied conditions or warranties in relation to the supply of goods other than goods of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, shall at the Seller's option be limited to:
- the replacement of the goods or resupply of the goods by the Seller;
- the repair of the goods.
- The Seller excludes all liability to the Buyer in negligence for acts or omissions of the Seller, its employees, agents and contractors and all liability to the Buyer in contract for consequential or indirect loss or damages, arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
- The Buyer expressly acknowledges and agrees that it has not relied upon, any advice given by a Seller, its agents or employees in relation to the suitability for any purpose of goods or materials supplied by a Seller.
- To the extent permitted by statute, all warranties (whether express or implied, and whether given by the Seller, the manufacturer or a third party) and any obligation of the Seller to repair or replace any goods are void in respect of any goods which the Buyer tampers with or alters.
Alteration to Conditions
- A Seller may, at any time and from time to time, alter these terms and conditions.
Vienna Sales Convention
- The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (Vienna 1980) known as the Vienna Sales Convention does not apply to the contract comprised by these terms and conditions nor do any of the terms and conditions express or implied by the Vienna Sales Convention form part of the contract.
- These terms and conditions and any contract including them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland and the Seller and the Buyer submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland.
- Buyers are advised that goods shipped are entirely at the Buyer’s risk from the time the goods leave the PI warehouse.
- The only exception shall be when PI, under instructions from the buyer and at the buyer’s expense, has shipped the goods via Registered Post.
- When Registered Post has been used as the transport method, PI takes full responsibility for the safe and complete delivery of the goods.
- Under all other circumstances, PI and its shipping contractors take no responsibility for goods lost in transit, goods delivered late or goods damaged in transit.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to arrange insurance to cover goods in transit if such insurance is so required.
- PI will not ship products using a buyer’s transport company unless PI is provided with Pre Paid shipping labels to fully cover the cost of the transport to the nominated delivery address.
We will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. You can access our website and browse the site without disclosing personal information.
We will only use personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected and we will not disclose your personal information to a third party.
We ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed unless law requires it or to prevent or investigate suspected unlawful activity.
We have implemented security technology and policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information under our control against: unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
We will remove personal information from our systems where it is no longer required (except where archiving is required).